Wednesday 28 January 2015

Bacardi anyone?


With only 3 days left to go I thought I had better give my bottle of Bacardi a little nudge - I would hate to have alcohol in my house when I am trying to abstain (hic)....No not really, its water, oh ok then its Bacardi Lime and Soda but honestly I only had two as I'm trying to wean myself gently off the booze.    Ah, nothing quite like a nice cold wind down drink after the shenanigans of school and work. Oh and  hows the view over the rim of my glass?  I guess I'm going to have to find a substitute for a wind down drink in the not too distant future hey?  Gosh I haven't even started and I'm already looking forward to a Mojito or a Cuba Libre or anything else with content........How on Earth am I ever going to get through 28 days of my FebFast?  I'm probably starting to sound like I have a drinking problem which maybe I do, which is another motivator for me undertaking this challenge to myself. 

I've been telling myself for years that I don't have a problem and that I am completely in control of what I drink. I like to think that I can say no and sometimes I do but more often than not I don't.  I find it hard to be in a social situation and not have a drink in my hand.  Its almost a relief, its as if I can hide behind the glass or bottle,  although, my husband wonders sometimes who that bitchy cow is that comes out after a few too many vinos at a party.  (I hope thats not the real me)  I really shouldn't drink wine, or maybe,  I just drink too much.

So this is going to be quite the social experiment - I'm looking forward mostly to breaking the habit of a (almost)  daily tipple, having more energy, finding time to exercise and hopefully end up with glowing skin and less of a red nose (LOL)  Boy I really paint a lovely picture don't I?

According to DrinkWise Australia,  The lifetime risk of harm from drinking alcohol increases with the amount consumed.   For healthy men and women, drinking no more than two standard drinks on any day reduces the lifetime risk of harm from alcohol-related disease or injury.   But, I bet you already new that.

Hmmmmm, I wonder whats left in the liquor cabinet for tomorrow?????

Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment