Friday 30 January 2015

Well hello Friday


http://www.theholisticlifestylecentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/heart-cholesterol.jpg



Ah Fridays, how I love thee....... It may be a different Friday next week after being alcohol free for 6 days eeeek!   I only  have two more assisted sleeps before the big F (that's F for February in case you were wondering). 

I am both super excited about this little adventure and secretly nervous, wondering if I am really going to be able to do it.  I didn't realise how much I may actually depend on alcohol for my "switch off" which,  I so enjoy at the end of the day.  You may have noticed that I'm not really that fussy what it is that I drink, I have friends who are so stoic in saying "oh no I don't drink that" or "I can only drink Bourbon" and I'm  like "really?  OK then!  Same Same for me. Give it 'ere".    So its going to be pretty hard for me to come home from work and start cooking dinner without the obligatory drinkies in my hand.

 How will I manage?  I just will, that's how!  I have a great motivator to get me through and that is my Mar-Bear and just thinking of Mary going to Russia on her own without her husband and child for 3 months while she undertakes this treatment makes me realise that my challenge of being alcohol free for 28 days pales in comparison to what she has already  been through and what is yet to come.   And that is what will drive me. 


Do you know whats funny?  I have had great intentions of making this weekend a BIG one, because I can as its still January.  (I'm not sure if I will though) and today on my way home from work I dropped into my local BWS and bought 4 (yes 4) bottles of wine and with a little melancholy thought "this is it",  "this is it until the 1st of March" Holy Sh*t!      So do I neck it all in one foul swoop or do I savour each drop?  I don't know?  I guess we will just wait and see how the weekend pans out.  I've already has one bottle with one of my very best besties  (I like to share)  so that only leaves 3 to go......OMG!    Oh and I think there is some Port hiding somewhere in the house. 

The other challenge besides not drinking of course, its going to be getting on here to write my blog every night right about now and put my feelings down on screen  and not become a complete bore and whinger.  (Oh how can I be witty without the help of my friend Alcohol?)  That's the insecurity coming out in me......  I'm sure I'm going to go through a whole bunch of different emotions and urges, I know I'm going to have days where I really struggle and  I am already starting to feel anxious about it;  but I am determined that I will make till the end.   I feel so accountable! 

So with that, go and  have a fabulous weekend.  I'm going to go open a bottle of Pinot Gris

Cheers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment